Friday, August 31, 2012

A Trip to Pip's Place

One of the great things about being GF in New York is that more and more gluten-free options seem to be popping up all the time.  I have been to Tu-Lu's Gluten-Free Bakery several times and have always found something new and delicious to try.  I especially love their Raspberry Almond Crumble Muffins and Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (also dairy-free).

Today, I wanted to try another place that opened in May of this year on the Upper East Side, Pip's Place.  I made it the endpoint of my run for that day (totally negating any calorie-burning accomplished from the run).  I was pretty dehydrated by the time I got there so I crushed a bottle of water while perusing the selection.  Since going GF, I have gotten used to having limited options when it comes to menus.  I was kind of overwhelmed with how many options there were and knew I had to try a few things.



I knew I wanted some sort of breakfast item and the blueberry fairy cakes immediately caught my eye.  It was fresh out of the oven and couldn't resist trying a "bite" on the walk home.  Many GF cakes are usually pretty dense, but this was a light buttery cake filled with fresh, juicy blueberries.

Pizza swirl... with a bite missing clearly

A special for the day was a pizza swirl.  It was pizza dough rolled with tomato sauce, cheese, and fresh basil.  The owner said it was made with potato flour to make it a little chewier.  One bite and I almost shed tears.  I know it sounds dramatic, but I haven't had anything remotely resembling pizza in almost a year.
Magic Cookie Bar... Double chocolate chip cookie base, coconut, and chocolate chips.


I also purchased a rocky road bar, magic cookie square, and raspberry pinwheel cookie.  Everything was really delicious and I will definitely be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment