Friday, August 31, 2012

HERE IT GOES...

Hi all... My name is Katie and I discovered I was gluten intolerant in October 2011.  Since then, I have been on a quest to figure out how I can still be a "foodie" without gluten.  For those of you who are GF, you know that it's like re-learning how you think about food.  Many of my friends thought (and maybe still think) I was crazy, but I have never felt better.  I found blogs to be a great source of information and I was inspired by the creativity of those blogging about being gluten-free.

How did I get here?  In May, I graduated from grad school which was the greatest achievement of my life.  For three years, I was working full-time and going to school part-time.  My free time was spent doing homework and trying to keep my social life afloat.  As graduation came closer, I realized that I had put my interests and passions on the back burner.  So on the eve of my 26th birthday, I made a leap list of "30 things to do by 30" to shift my focus back towards my non-professional life.  One item on the list.... Start a blog about being gluten-free.  So here I am.  Checking another thing off my list.

I currently live in New York City and have learned to navigate myself around the supermarket, restaurants, and my seamless web (website for online take-out orders) account and have learned a lot.  On GFreestyle, I'm sharing my experience of living gluten-free with others in hopes that it helps others the way that other blogs (especially those I have linked on here) have helped me.


No comments:

Post a Comment